NWPS P&C Initiative for the NWPS Students. Exclusively sponsored by Ray White Cherrybrook, Thornleigh and West Pennant Hills.
Unleash your creativity about what it means to you to Be Bold, Be Brave, Be You! during the pandemic and our Sydney lockdown.
Share with us the experience through your eyes by submitting an artwork or written piece or both.
Online submissions are open from 9am, 1st September 202 9am to 5pm, 3rd October 2021.
Winners will be announced on 8th October 2021.
Entry criteria for individual submissions
- The 2021 NWPS P&C Creative Writing and Art competition is open to all current NWPS students
- Competition submissions are open from 9am Wednesday, 1st September 2021 to 5pm Tuesday, 3rd October 2021. Entries received after outside this period will not be accepted.
- Entries must depict or describe what the theme “Be Bold, Be Brave, Be You!” means to you in the time of the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown. Entries that cannot be tied back to the theme and pandemic lockdown will not be considered.
- Artworks must be the child’s original work and either a painting, drawing or mixed media work such as a collage. The use of copyrighted material is prohibited.
- The creative artwork and/or writing piece must not have child’s name or any identification. Thus, it can be judge only on its content.
- Three-dimensional work, photographs, digitally created work and videos will not be accepted.
- Artwork entries can be made from any traditional media, including pastels, pen, pencil, charcoal, acrylics, watercolour, oils, mixed media, collage, or found materials. No audio or video recordings please.
- Artworks should be no bigger than A3 in size, though dimensions may vary.
- Writing pieces can be a short story, poem or narration and should be no longer than 500 words.
- All artworks & or writing pieces must be submitted by an adult: either a parent or legal guardian.
- Artworks/Written Pieces must be received in a digital format using the online submission form. Please assist your child to create a clear digital copy of their original artwork, by either scanning a copy or taking a photograph.
- When submitting an artwork, please make sure the file type is no larger than 3MB in size. Need to reduce the file size? Use an image compressor like this.
- NWPS P&C would like to display all the submissions on their P&C website after the results are announced. By entering the competition, you accept that your artwork and/or written piece your name and grade will be displayed on the NWPS P&C Website and NWPS P&C Facebook page. Should you wish to display just your submission and grade and not your name on the NWPS P&C website and the Facebook page, please mention this clearly while submitting your creation.
- For Kindy: One entry per student is allowed
- For Stage 1, 2, 3: Students can submit one artwork as well as one written piece
Note for the creators:
Create your own work of art that interprets the them Be Bold, Be Brave, Be You! and what it means to you in this time of the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown. Make sure it falls within the categories of drawing, painting or mixed media (such as collage). Three-dimensional, photography and video works can’t be accepted.
Create your own writing piece that interprets the them Be Bold, Be Brave, Be You! and what it means to you in this time of the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown. Make sure it falls within the categories of a short story, poem or narration in no more than 500 words.
Please make sure it is your own work.
Tracing, copying online material or having a parent or anyone else work on any part of your entry is not allowed.
The judges’ decision will be final.
Our panel of judges includes representatives from School, P&C & Community
For queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org